- High security, 14 tumbler mechanism.
- For existing key series, see your sales representative.
- Keyed Different locks come with 2 keys per lock and a 1-1/4" straight cam.
- Keyed Alike locks come with a 1-1/4" straight cam.
- Key must be purchases separately for Keyed Alike locks.
- About IC locks: An interchangeable core or ic is a compact keying mechanism in a specific "small format" figure-eight shape. Unlike a standard key cylinder, which is accessible for combinating only via locking device disassembly, an interchangeable mechanism relies upon a specialized "control" key for insertion and extraction of the essential (or "core") combinating components:
- Interchangeable cores can be extracted from one lock type (bored cylindrical lock, mortise lock, padlock and so forth) and then installed into another without requiring the removal or disassembly of any single component
- These units are readily adapted for master keying systems and can be set up with spare cores and keys for quick replacement when security is compromised, such as when a key is lost or stolen or when a personnel change takes place
- Extracted cores can then be recombinated without urgency and placed back into maintenance storage for future use
- Interchangeable cores require a notch at the tip of each key to properly align the peaks and valleys of each blade with the combinating pins in the chambers of the mechanism - these keys are always configured and cut from blade tip to bow
- Conventional cylinders and removable cores utilize a shoulder near the bow of each key to properly align all peaks and valleys - these keys are always configured and cut from bow to blade tip. As a further consequence of this fundamental difference, neither of these two key types can ever be cross or master-keyed with the other
- Shipping Weight: 0.20 lbs.
- Shipping Length: 2.00 inches
- Shipping Height: 1.00 inches
- Shipping Width: 1.00 inches
Q & A
There are no questions at this time