- This interface cable (approx. 30" in length) converts the bill validator input and output signals to RS232 levels.
- The bill validator connector plugs into the vacant 18 pin location on the AE26XX-XXE Bill Validators; the opposite end terminated in a standard PC serial connector (9 pin D-SUB connector).
- This cable is for use with manufactures that want to interface an AE2600 bill validator to a PC application via a standard serial port.
- Because the cable works in conjunction with the MEI Extended Bi-Directional Serial (EBDS) software protocol, it applies only to AE2600 and 2800 units with "E" Power cable model numbers.
- Manufactures still need to provide power to the bill validator via this power cable; the RS232 cable is for interface communications only .
- Also, option switch 8 on the AE2600 unit must remain in the default, "Gaming" position for the unit to work within the new interface cable.
- To accomplish the complete PC interface integration, manufactures must develop application software to support MEI EBDS protocol across this RS232 option cable .
- Manufactures can obtain the Series 2000 Interface Manual (that documents EDBS protocol) and a PC based demo test program by calling MEI Technical Support at 800-345-8172
- Shipping Weight: 0.31 lbs.
- Shipping Length: 7.50 inches
- Shipping Height: 0.50 inches
- Shipping Width: 5.00 inches
Q & A
There are no questions at this time
Previous Customer @ 09/24/2014 - 10:34:34 AM CST | 5 out of 5
Previous Customer @ 07/17/2014 - 7:45:45 AM CST | 5 out of 5